Thunder at The Center
Looking for somewhere to take the whole family for Thunder Over Louisville? Why not head to Thunder at The Kentucky Center
Enjoy the excitement and spectacle of Thunder Over Louisville from the comfort of The Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts. Make The Kentucky Center your home base for the day while you take in all the action. Families will appreciate convenient access to the Center’s restrooms, activities for the kids, and foodservice and concessions without waiting in long lines. Adults can relax with a drink at The Kentucky Center Bar or enjoy other Belvedere activities.
- 9:00am – Kentucky Center Garage opens
- 2:00pm – Doors and bar open
- 3:00pm – Air show begins
- 9:30pm – Fireworks start
- 9:30pm – Box Office closes
PARKING: The Kentucky Center is not selling parking in advance. Please go to the official Thunder Over Louisville website for information on public parking spaces within walking distance of the river.
WRISTBANDS: Patrons will receive wristbands upon entering The Kentucky Center which will enable them to re-enter if they leave the building.
DERBY PINS: Please remember to wear your Derby Festival pin if you want to leave The Kentucky Center Belvedere area! If you do not have one, you may purchase one from the Kentucky Center box office counter starting March 25th and continuing through the day of Thunder.
ITEMS BROUGHT TO CENTER:
- Coolers, canopies, weapons, pets (except service animals), alcohol, food, and drink cannot be brought inside the Kentucky Center nor be taken to the Belvedere.
- The Kentucky Center will provide seating in the lobbies and on the North Terrace of the Belvedere (concrete area).
- Chairs and blankets are allowed but must be setup outside. First come, first served.
- Strollers and umbrellas are allowed. Umbrellas must be checked at Coat Check and will not be allowed on the Belvedere.
- All purses and bags are subject to security check at all points of entry.
FAMILY ACTIVITIES SCHEDULE:
Parents, please accompany your child if under the age of 12.
All ages welcome. First come, first served.
- Visual Art Activity
- Face painting
- Hip Hop Dance
- Drumming Circle
FOOD & DRINK:
- Beverages will be available in multiple locations throughout the building.
- Draft beer, wine, and mixed drinks will be sold.
- There will be non-alcoholic choices.
- No outside food, drink, or personal drink containers allowed.
- Beverages purchased at The Kentucky Center cannot be taken off the property.
- Also available:Thunder at the Center 2014 Souvenir Cup. Free refills of non-alcoholic beverage
Know before you go:
Kentucky Center & North Terrace on the Belvedere
DATE(S)/TIME(S): Saturday, April 12, 2014 @ 2:00 PM
AGES: Children 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult
PRICE: $40.00 || $20.00 Children 12 & under
RUNNING TIME: Air Show 3:00 PM, Fireworks 9:30 PM
For more information, visit their website here