ThunderBlast returns to the Kentucky Science Center!
Don’t wait for the forecast. ThunderBlast’s viewing area is covered and tickets include all-day access to the Science Center!
ThunderBlast is the Science Center’s largest annual family-friendly event; 100% of net proceeds benefit the Science Center’s vision of creating a more scientifically literate society empowered to ask questions, think creatively, solve problems, and work toward a better quality of life for all.
To save, use these exclusive Mommy Nest Promo Codes that offer both Thunderblast discounts as well as Membership discounts if you want to return to the Science Center over and over!
MNEST – Mommy’s Nest Membership Discount - $10 off a Membership
TNEST – Mommy’s Nest ThunderBlast Discount - ThunderBlast for the Member Rate (Saves you $10 per ticket!)
Go to https://kysciencecenter.org/news/thunderblast/ to purchase tickets and for more information!
EVENT DATE: Saturday, April 21, 2018
HOURS ThunderBlast 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Kentucky Science Center 2:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Airshow 3:00 p.m. Fireworks 9:30 p.m.
CHECK-IN ThunderBlast check-in begins at 2 p.m. at our parking lot entrance at the end of 8th St. Guests will be required to pass through security before entering the event. Please see below for a list of items that are not permitted into the event. Wristbands must be left on throughout the day for in/out access to ThunderBlast and the Kentucky Science Center.
PARKING ThunderBlast guests can at the Advocacy Garage located on Jefferson Street between 7th and 8th Streets on April 21st for $10 per vehicle. Parking can also be purchased at the surface lot on 8th and Market and in the Republic Bank Garage. On-street parking is prohibited downtown and on major routes during Thunder Over Louisville. The Advocacy Parking garage has Disabled Persons parking spaces. It is recommended that guests be dropped off at the Science Center’s Main Street entrance prior to parking.
VIEW / SEATING / SOUND Individual tickets do not include a reserved seat. The air and fireworks shows are only able to be viewed from our outdoor viewing area; there are no vantage points inside Kentucky Science Center. Bring lawn chairs and blankets but please do not bring tents or large umbrellas. A dining tent with table seating is available to all guests throughout the event. “Official Thunder Sound” will broadcast the air show and fireworks.
INCLUDED IN ADMISSION:
• Access to the Science Center - 2:00 – 9:30 p.m.
• A riverside view of the Thunder Over Louisville air show and fireworks.
• Access to indoor restrooms portable restrooms will also be available in the parking lot.
• Admission to the Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory - 2:00 - 8:00 p.m.
• Outdoor children's activities presented by Cochrane Supply - 2:00 - 8:00 p.m. o Flight Zone - Fire a rocket into the shooting gallery full of targets and obstacles. Pump and launch rockets with water and air. Test your make-and-take souvenir aircraft for strength, accuracy, and aerodynamics. o Special Guest Newton’s Attic - explore a 25-foot rocket model and ride the “Spin-O-Tron” just like an astronaut in training! o Cityscapes - 2:00 - 5:00 p.m. Explore, create, and share aviation activities. Build your plane and launch it down the runway, but look out for King Kong climbing on the buildings! o Play Forest - 5:00 - 8:00 p.m. It gets wild when the sun begins to set and our city turns into the jungle. Build your own animal costume to lurk among the trees.
• Inflatable Bounce Houses and Slide presented by Raising Cane’s Chicken Fingers - 2:00 – 8:00 p.m.
• Dance Party - 8:00 - 9:00 p.m.
• Hourly science demos on the Main Stage - 3:00 - 7:00 p.m.
FOR AN ADDITIONAL FEE:
• DIY LED Robot Button - $5 per design
• Face Painting by Creative Face Art - $5 per design
• Films in the 4-Story Digital Theater - $8 per ticket; $6 per ticket for Science Center Members o National Parks Adventure 3:00 p.m. o Jerusalem 4:00 p.m. o Lewis & Clark 5:00 p.m. o Last Reef 6:00 p.m. o Flight of the Butterflies 7:00 p.m. o Journey to Space 8:00 p.m. o Backyard Wilderness 10:15 p.m. § This special 10:15 p.m. showing of Backyard Wilderness is scheduled to encourage guests to stick around after Thunder ends and let downtown traffic clear. A chair-check will be provided.
WHAT TO BRING TO THUNDERBLAST
• The transaction number located on your receipt
• Lawn chairs and blankets
• Money for food vendors, souvenirs, special activities, and movie tickets
• Identification/proof of age for purchase of alcoholic beverages
• Personal umbrellas, strollers, and small wagons are permitted
• Empty refillable water bottles are permitted inside the event area
WHAT TO LEAVE AT HOME
• Tents and large umbrellas
• Coolers, alcohol and other outside food and drink